Thanksgiving is a time of family, friends, and of course, delicious food. Unfortunately, preparing a successful feast can be a little stressful. The good news is that there are a few things you can do to make your holiday more relaxing, helping you enjoy the day with loved ones.
5 Tips for an Enjoyable Thanksgiving
Here are some of the things you can do to make your holiday feast easier and more enjoyable:
- Plan ahead: Make a guest list, a menu, a shopping list, and a timeline for your preparations. You can find some helpful guides and checklists online.
- Make ahead: Some dishes can be made in advance and frozen or refrigerated until the big day. For example, you can make pie crusts, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and casseroles ahead of time and reheat them when needed.
- Save money: Look for deals and coupons on groceries and use seasonal and local ingredients. You can also invite your guests to bring a dish or beverage to share.
- Cook smart: Use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of your turkey, and let it rest before carving. Use the pan drippings to make a flavorful gravy. Use a slow cooker, a pressure cooker, or a grill to free up oven space. And don’t forget to save the leftovers for future meals.
- Have fun: Remember that Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate and be thankful with your loved ones. Don’t stress too much about the details and enjoy the food and the company. You can also play some games, watch some movies, or go for a walk after dinner to make the day more fun.
For beautiful table settings, candles, and more, stop by the Speculator Department Store.
We can help make your Thanksgiving even more special by providing you with lovely items for your table, including placemats, napkins, tableware, and candles. Not hosting Thanksgiving this year but wanting to show your appreciation to the cook? We also carry many different items that make thoughtful hostess gifts. Just stop by and see what we have in store for you today!