About this point during summer vacation, it’s likely that anyone with children home from school has heard the dreaded “I’m bored!” at least once. If you’re looking for a fun project that involves cooking, science, and arts & crafts, then you’ll want to try out this play dough recipe. And, because this play dough gets its color from Kool-Aid drink mix, not only will your kids have brightly colored play dough to play with, but it will smell great, too!
Scent-Sational Play Dough
(This recipe is enough for one color)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 envelope unsweetened Kool-Aid, your choice
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in oil and water.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
- Please note: This play dough is non-toxic but should not be eaten.
Of course, if you’re looking for toys and games to help keep the kids occupied this summer, the Speculator Department Store has what you need. From board games and children’s books to outdoor toys and games, you’ll find the perfect way to help them pass the time. Stop in and see what we have in store today!